Are you planning to visit Vietnam? Check if you need a power plug adapter or voltage converter for the power sockets (outlets) used in Vietnam.

The following information is for travelers living in Australia. I live in another country.
  • You need a power plug adapter in Vietnam, when living in Australia.
  • You also may need a voltage converter.

Below you find pictures of the applied power sockets and corresponding plugs. And we provide more information about the voltage and frequency.

Electricity in Vietnam

In Vietnam the power plugs and sockets are of type A, C and D. The standard voltage is 110 / 220 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.

Power plug adapter needed in Vietnam?

In Vietnam the power plugs and sockets are of type A, C and D. Check out the following pictures. When living in Australia you will need a power plug adapter for sockets type A, C and D.

  • Your appliances with plug I don't fit socket A, C or D.

Buy a power plug (travel) adapter

We don't sell power plug adapters. We refer you to Amazon or Ebay where you will find a great selection of travel adapters.

You can also check the map to see the use of different plugs and sockets in the world.

Spread of Power Plugs and Sockets around the world

Voltage converter needed in Vietnam?

In Vietnam the standard voltage is 110 / 220 V and the frequency is 50 Hz.

  • Watch out! In Vietnam more than one voltage is being used (110 / 220 V).

It can depend on the region, the city or even the hotel which voltage you will come across. Your appliances work on 230 V. So please check locally if you can use your appliances!

If the local voltage is 110 V, you need a voltage converter. Some say you can carefully try to use your appliances in Vietnam without a converter. Most likely they won't be damaged, but may not function optimally. If you live in Australia and don't want to take any chances, use a voltage converter in Vietnam. You can find voltage converters at Ebay.

To be sure, check the label on the appliance. Some appliances never need a converter. If the label states 'INPUT: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz' the appliance can be used in all countries in the world. This is common for chargers of tablets/laptops, photo cameras, cell phones, toothbrushes, etc.

Would you like to add information to this page? Please send us your suggestions. Read our disclaimer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Where are you going?