Are you planning to visit Taiwan? Check if you need a power plug adapter or voltage converter for the power sockets (outlets) used in Taiwan.

The following information is for travelers living in Malaysia. I live in another country.
  • You need a power plug adapter in Taiwan, when living in Malaysia.
  • You also need a voltage converter.
  • Be extra careful with certain appliances because of the difference in frequency.

Below you find pictures of the applied power sockets and corresponding plugs. And we provide more information about the voltage and frequency.

Electricity in Taiwan

In Taiwan the power plug sockets are of type A and B. The standard voltage is 110 V and the frequency is 60 Hz.

Power plug adapter needed in Taiwan?

In Taiwan the power plug sockets are of type A and B. Check out the following pictures. When living in Malaysia you need a power plug adapter for sockets type A and B.

  • Your appliances with plug G don't fit socket A or B.

Buy a power plug (travel) adapter

We don't sell power plug adapters. We refer you to Amazon, where you will find a great selection of travel adapters. Because you may also need a voltage converter, you should consider a combined power plug adapter/voltage converter (see below).

You can also check the map to see the use of different plugs and sockets in the world.

Spread of Power Plugs and Sockets around the world

Voltage converter needed in Taiwan?

In Taiwan the standard voltage is 110 V and the frequency is 60 Hz.

  • The voltage in Taiwan (110 V) is less than in Malaysia (240 V). You need a voltage converter.

Some say you can carefully try to use your appliances in Taiwan without a converter. Most likely they won't be damaged, but may not function optimally. If you don't want to take any chances, use a voltage converter in Taiwan. You can find voltage converters at Amazon. Because you also need a power plug adapter, you should consider a combined plug adapter/voltage converter.

Also the frequency in Taiwan (60 Hz) differs from the frequency in Malaysia (50 Hz). You should use a voltage converter which also changes the frequency, but these are hard to find. If your converter can't change the frequency, be warned! Be especially careful with moving, rotating and time related appliances like clocks, shavers and electric fan heaters.

To be sure, check the label on the appliance. Some appliances never need a converter. If the label states 'INPUT: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz' the appliance can be used in all countries in the world. This is common for chargers of tablets/laptops, photo cameras, cell phones, toothbrushes, etc.

Travel adapters from Amazon


Need anything else?

Check if you have packed everything for your trip at our TRAVELER'S CHECKLIST!

Read our disclaimer.

Find your travel adapter at AMAZON

Where are you going?