Are you planning to visit Malta? Check if you need a power plug adapter or voltage converter for the power sockets (outlets) used in Malta.

The following information is for travelers living in Canada. I live in another country.
  • You need a power plug adapter in Malta, when living in Canada.
  • You also need a voltage converter.
  • Be extra careful with certain appliances because of the difference in frequency.

Below you find pictures of the applied power sockets and corresponding plugs. And we provide more information about the voltage and frequency.

Electricity in Malta

In Malta the power plugs and sockets are of type G. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.

Power plug adapter needed in Malta?

In Malta the power plugs and sockets are of type G. Check out the following pictures. When living in Canada you need a power plug adapter for sockets type G.

  • Your appliances with plug A don't fit socket G.
  • Your appliances with plug B don't fit socket G.

Buy a power plug (travel) adapter

We don't sell power plug adapters. We refer you to Amazon, where you will find a great selection of travel adapters. Because you may also need a voltage converter, you should consider a combined power plug adapter/voltage converter (see below).

You can also check the map to see the use of different plugs and sockets in the world.

Spread of Power Plugs and Sockets around the world

Voltage converter needed in Malta?

In Malta the standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz.

  • You cannot use your electric appliances in Malta without a voltage converter, because the standard voltage in Malta (230 V) is higher than in Canada (120 V).

You can seriously damage your appliances. You need a voltage converter in Malta, when living in Canada! You can find voltage converters at Amazon. Because you also need a power plug adapter, you should consider a combined plug adapter/voltage converter.

Also the frequency in Malta (50 Hz) differs from the frequency in Canada (60 Hz). You should use a voltage converter which also changes the frequency, but these are hard to find. If your converter cannot change the frequency, be warned! Be especially careful with moving, rotating and time related appliances like clocks, shavers and electric fan heaters.

To be sure, check the label on the appliance. Some appliances never need a converter. If the label states 'INPUT: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz' the appliance can be used in all countries in the world. This is common for chargers of tablets/laptops, photo cameras, cell phones, toothbrushes, etc.

Need anything else?

Check if you have packed everything for your trip at our TRAVELER'S CHECKLIST!

Would you like to add information to this page? Please send us your suggestions or remarks. Read our disclaimer.

Find your travel adapter at AMAZON

Where are you going?