Are you planning to travel to the Philippines? Check if you need a travel adapter for the power sockets (outlets) used there. This website provides general information for people all over the world. If you live in the UK, please visit for more specific information.

Overview Philippines

  • Voltage: 220 V
  • Frequency: 60 Hz
  • Power sockets: type A / B / C

In the Philippines the standard voltage is 220 V. The standard frequency is 60 Hz. The power sockets that are used are of type A / B / C. Below you find pictures of these power sockets and corresponding plugs. And we provide more information about the voltage and frequency.

Your need for an adapter or converter depends on the voltage, frequency and power plugs in the country you live in. If you are not sure, you can select your country in the right column.

Power sockets and plugs

In the Philippines the power sockets used are of type A / B / C:

In the Philippines type C power plugs and sockets are used
Type C: This socket also works with plug E and F
In the Philippines type A power plugs and sockets are used
Type A: Japanese plugs can be used in the US but often not the other way around
In the Philippines type B power plugs and sockets are used
Type B: This socket also works with plug A

Buy a power plug (travel) adapter

We don't sell travel adapters. We refer you to Amazon, where you will find a great selection of travel adapters.

Your need for a power plug adapter depends on the country you live in. You can also check the map to see the use of different plugs and sockets in the world. Go to our TRAVELER'S CHECKLIST to see if you've packed everything else you need!

Spread of Power Plugs and Sockets around the world

Voltage and frequency

You can use your electric appliances in the Philippines, if the standard voltage in your country is in between 220V - 240V (as in the UK, Europe, Australia and most of Asia and Africa). Manufacturers take these small deviations into account. If the standard voltage in your country is in the range of 100V - 127V (as in the US, Canada and most South American countries), you need a power (voltage) converter. To be sure, check the label on the appliance. If it states 'INPUT: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz', it can be used in all countries of the world (like chargers for tablets/laptops, photo cameras, cell phones, toothbrushes). You can also find power converters at AMAZON.COM or AMAZON.CO.UK.

If the frequency in the Philippines (60 Hz) differs from the one in your country, it is not advised to use your appliances, but you can try at your own risk. Be especially careful with moving, rotating and time related appliances like clocks and electric fan heaters.

Recommended by us

Need anything else?

Check if you have packed everything for your trip at our TRAVELER'S CHECKLIST!

If you would like to add information to this page, please send us your comments. Read our disclaimer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *